Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Breakfast(s) at the Nevada Diner, Bloomfield, NJ

A Diner Diva should actually eat in a diner now and then, and lucky Diva2, she had to be in Bloomfield a couple of times recently at breakfast time. The bus from NY goes right down Broad St. past the Nevada Diner, so these were my chances to check out said diner. At home I eat a light breakfast, nothing too fancy, but when I'm in diner territory the sky is the limit.

On my first visit I had a the ND's version of a Toasted Bagel All the Way and it just hit the spot; it's a bagel with lox, cream cheese on the side, and lettuce, tomatoes, onions and olives. There's not too much I can say about this; this was filling and just what I wanted and it was about the same as any other diner in the NY area would offer. Nothing to rave about, but no complaints either.

On my second trip I went for the Stuffed French Toast with a side of bacon. The French Toast was 2 big pieces of Challah Bread stuffed with fresh strawberries and blueberries. There was a big dollop of butter, with chopped pecans, on the top and maple syrup came served, not in a plastic pack, but warmed the way it should be in a nice little pouring jar. The serving of bacon was big (I think at least 6 pieces), it was nicely crisped all the way through, and it was the perfect accompaniment to the French Toast. This was a winner in my book and with a couple cups of tea I was a happy camper.

If you happen to be in Bloomfield, do stop in and give this diner a try. I will be back again the next time I have to be in that neighborhood.

Nevada Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment